HOW TO LEVEL A CAKE
Don’t pull your hair out, yell profanities, or go to jail for
domestic abuse because you just can’t seem to level
Just follow these SIMPLE instructions:
- After your cake has cooled, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Take it out of the freezer, and thaw it for 5 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the pan by shaking the pan back and forth horizontally. That
will loosen the cake up.
- Put the cake on a board right side up and wash your cake pan.
- Put smaller sized cake boards inside the cake pan.
- I used an 8-inch pan to bake the cake, so I used 6-inch cake boards to go inside.
- Place the cake on top of the boards. I recommend using cake boards that have a
shiny white surface as opposed to the dull cake boards.
- Get a serrated bread knife and put it flush against the pan and start cutting.
Grab a long serrated knife and level the knife against the
edges of the cake pan. Start cutting the top of the cake off.
Feed the remnants of the top of the cake to your crotchety
neighbor, mean boss, or ungrateful children.
That should mellow them out.
DONE. SIMPLE. NO JAIL TIME.